Role Of Human Resource In Employee Development
Posted on: February 25 2019, By : Neha Keni
Employee development is a joint initiative of the employee as well as the employer to upgrade the existing skills and knowledge of an individual. It is of utmost importance for employees to keep themselves upgrades with the latest developments in the industry to survive the fierce competition. Employee development goes a long way in training, sharpening the skills of an employee and upgrading his/her existing knowledge and abilities. In a layman’s language, employee development helps in developing and nurturing employees for them to become reliable resources and eventually benefit the organization. Employees also develop a sense of attachment towards the organization as a result of employee development activities. Training (hr practical training courses in Mumbai) is important as it makes an employee self-dependent and capable of facing even the worst circumstances with a smile. Organizations who train their employees from time to time do not face the problem of employee attrition. Employees hardly leave such organizations where they are being trained along with their routine jobs.
Importance of Employee Development
• Employee development is important for employees to enhance their skills and upgrade their existing knowledge in order to perform better.
• Employee development is important not only for professional but also personal growth of employees.
• Employee development is essential for extracting the best out of employees.
• Employee development creates a learning culture in the organization where every employee is motivated to learn new skills and acquire new learning
• Employee development also goes a long way in strengthening the relationship among employees.
Role of HR in Employee Development
HR department plays a crucial role in any business. The HR management not only help businesses to get worthy candidates who work with zeal and passion, but also handle various other tasks such as record keeping, compensation, relational assistance, and employee performance issues. Apart from handling these tasks, they are responsible for creating a work culture that inspires employees to truly contribute to their company’s success. This is how they give employees an opportunity to grow and learn new things. If you too are an HR (hr courses in Mumbai with placement) professional, you need to know some simple yet effective ways in which you can create a fruitful working culture in your company.
Human resource professionals play an essential role in creating a culture in organization where every employee takes trainings and employee development activities seriously. It is the responsibility of a human resource professional to motivate the employees to participate in employee development activities. Encourage them to upgrade their existing knowledge from time to time to become indispensable resources for the organization. Do not conduct trainings just for the sake of it. Be extremely careful about the contents of the training program. Encourage two way communication in employee development activities. Instruct the trainer to involve the employees well. Give them tasks and ask them to submit the reports within two days. Do give them a deadline. Employee Development Activities do not always mean organizing training (Generalized HR Training in Mumbai) programs, seminars or conferences. Do take your employees out for picnics, get-togethers once in a while. Such initiatives strengthen the relationship between employees and their seniors.
• Conduct ongoing formal employee training: Conducting formal employee training is a pretty obvious way for helping your employees grow and achieve excellent results. Training not only helps them improve their knowledge and skills, but also enables them to excel at everything they do. It also empowers and motivates employees to push harder and go above and beyond what is expected of them.
• Improve cross-departmental teamwork: Encouraging cross-departmental teamwork can have a huge positive impact on your overall organization. When every single team works in complete unison, they can truly do wonders for the company. Each and every one of them is an important cog in the company’s machine, so they should be encouraged to work together as such. Each and every team should be interdependent if your company’s goals are to be effectively achieved. As an HR professional, it is your job to connect all teams and ensure they work together as a single team.
• Encourage both mentoring and coaching: Employees nowadays expect their managers to play the role of mentors as well. They don’t want to be simply told what to do, but rather have someone who can help them overcome any obstacle, so that they can perform better and really contribute to the company. This is why you should encourage managers to be both mentors and coaches whenever an employee needs additional help for completing their tasks properly. In order to reduce the overhead cost of the organization, consulting firm in Mumbai comes into the picture and help the organization to recruit candidate as per the organization’s requirement.
• Improve your employees’ soft skills: Soft skills are exceptionally important for effective employee development, but they are rarely seen as such. HR (Hr Certification in Navi Mumbai) put soft skills on the priority list when training employees, because they mainly focus on making sure that every team is properly trained to perform all daily operations as well as they can.
• Help your employees with personal development: Personal development of your employees bears just as much significance as the development of their technical and soft skills. If you help them improve on a more personal level, you will directly influence their professional development.
Ongoing employee development is fundamental for your organization's prosperity, as it prompts their nonstop development and motivates them to go up against new difficulties and surpass even their own expectations. As a HR proficient, it is your duty to ensure that workers continue learning and developing. There are many HR Management courses available who professes to give HR education Top Education Consultant in India in various aspects like hiring and firing, staff retention, recruiting, selecting, onboarding, training, promoting, and paying employees, development.